How to Poke Someone on facebook – Poke Someone on Facebook App: Poke symbols are simply small images of a hand with a finger pointing and the name of the person who sent the poke to you.
Depending upon your notification settings, you may also receive a notification informing you of the poke.
In addition to the standard poke, Facebook also has a poke app that allows you to send a message, photo or video that only displays for a limited amount of time such as 1, 3, 5 or 10 seconds.
The recipient must also have the poke app on their phone, and these pokes cannot be viewed or sent from a desktop.
To poke someone via the poke app:
1. Download the app onto your phone.
2. Log into your Facebook account in the app.
3. Confirm that you want to use the app under that name.
4. Select “Poke a friend with a message, video or chat.”
5. Type in the name of your friend or select a name from your list of contacts.
6. Type in your message, and select a photo or video. If you want to add text to a photo or video, tap the screen and hold, and then type in your message or draw on the photo.
7. Select how long you want the message to display.
8. Hit “Send.”
To view a poke you have received, just tap and hold the message, photo or video until the time runs out.
Removing your finger from the screen will cause the message, photo or video to disappear. Once it’s gone, it cannot be viewed.
Keep in mind that while pokes disappear after the time limit, they are still retrievable from Facebook for 90 days.
If a friend snaps a screenshot of your poke, Facebook will send you a notification by flashing an icon next to the poke app on your home page to let you know.
Facebook recommends contacting the friend and asking him or her to remove the screenshot directly if you do not wish to have it displayed.
What is Facebook Poke?
Some people have wrong understanding that poke on Facebook is symbol of disturbing or flirting. Following are the correct meanings of Poking at Facebook.
1. A “poke” is basically someone trying to get your attention It’s one of the meaningless features that are used just to annoy someone.
2. If you poke someone, not in your Facebook friends network and they poke back. You can view their profile even if your not their friend!
3. A poke is when you allow someone to see your Facebook profile for 3 days, so they can know who you are and hopefully add you as a friend.
Facebook Poke: Tips & Warnings.
– Any Facebook friends of yours, any friends of friends and anyone who is in your Facebook cycle can poke you. The same guidelines are applicable to individuals that you have the ability to poke.
– Cancelling a poke from notification will permanently dismiss poke.
Note: Facebook keeps no long-term record of the pokes that you have gotten.
Where to check How Many Pokes You’ve Received
You can see how many pokes you’ve sent on your Facebook pokes page. It will begin showing your pokes activity with a friend after you’ve poked them more than once.
If you’re having trouble finding your pokes page, visit this URL address https://facebook.com/pokes in your browser.